Our taxable fixed income approach is based on client objectives, maximizing returns and addressing liquidity and income needs.
• Portfolio mix of municipal, US Treasury, government agency, corporate and mortgage and asset-backed securities.
• Sectors are emphasized based on relative attractiveness.
• Maturities adjusted in anticipation of changes in interest rates, economic activity, inflation expectations, Federal Reserve policy and money demand and supply characteristics.
• Only high-quality securities, including those rated “A” or better by Moody’s or Standard & Poor’s.
• Total fixed income holdings in any individual corporation will generally not exceed 5% of a portfolio’s value.
• Careful analysis for mortgage securities and asset-backed securities, requiring government/agency collateral when utilized.